[Tech1] Small mixer

Dave Plowman davesound at btinternet.com
Sat Apr 24 07:55:00 CDT 2021

I wanted a small inexpensive mixer for Zoom. Small enough to leave on top
of the computer when not needed. Two channel would have been enough, but
since using personal mics wanted better EQ than just bass and treble.
Faders not a problem, as it would be basically pre-set.

Got a Yamaha MG102. Far more channels than I need but OK size wise at
about 1 ft square. Has 3 band EQ, a selectable and gentle compressor, and
phantom power. DC in is also a 3 pin DIN. but the locking version.

USB only would have been convenient, but couldn't find one with any EQ at
all, let alone 3 band. Or at least at an affordable price.

--
    Dave Plowman     dave at davesound.co.uk     London SW 12