[Tech1] Christmas Tapes

Pat Heigham pat.heigham at amps.net
Sat Nov 11 11:22:17 CST 2023

That sounds fun! Dave's versions sound the most likely to act as
'master' copies from which to duplicate.

I have only VHS versions, courtesy of Malcolm Johnson - one time OB
Sound Supervisor whom I trained in Gram Opping at TVC.

Incidentally, when I freelanced, I regularly worked at ATV BIrmingham.
They had the same ideas to put together an 'outtake's reel.
The film unit capture medium was 16mm Arri BL and Nagra. I was pressed
to stay up another night to come to the party showing.

OK it cost me a night in the MIdland hotel as I was supposed to bugger
off back down south at the end of the week!
It was worth it, as I knew all the film crews and presenters and
journalists, and I got a lift to the hotel from the one PA whom
all the guys were trying to get involved with.

I've got a couple of other tales of  'Life at ATV', which I might divulge!

Regards

Pat H