[Tech1] New Year resolutions!

Hugh Snape hughsnape at talktalk.net
Thu Jan 12 10:17:18 CST 2023

We’ve just got our landline back having lost it on 30th Dec.

OpenReach repair via TalkTalk. The manhole down the hill  was full of water, OpenReach had to close the road overnight to work on it.

I feel sorry for the support staff at TalkTalk as they’re all based overseas, S. Africa I think. I’m sure they have to put up with a great deal of s**t from the customers in the UK and their first world problems.

The Open Reach engineers are generally friendly and helpful but unfortunately you can never communicate with that company directly, only through the service provider.

I always think about the bits of profit creamed off by all the organisations involved these days.

GPO where art thou . . .

Hugh