[Tech1] Spot the error

patheigham pat.heigham at amps.net
Mon May 2 03:15:11 CDT 2022

No talk-back cans plugged in?

Pat

Sent from Mail for Windows

From: Bernard Newnham via Tech1
Sent: 01 May 2022 21:09
To: tech1 at tech-ops.co.uk
Subject: [Tech1] Spot the error

The Sister Boniface Mysteries is a spin off from Father Brown, and has the same sort of English village, murder with a cup of tea vicar, feel.

I fell into this one this afternoon on Drama, because it featured a 1960s tv broadcast. A famous tv cook, a nasty piece of work, was judging a cake contest at the village fete which they were broadcasting. The writer was obviously old enough to have experienced in some way Fanny Craddock, and as someone who once had the joy of her demanding to see the contents of my viewfinder, I watched. The plot is actually very 2022 because the two chaps on the left become a successful gay couple tv cooks at the end.

It was shot on one camera, this one, maybe because Golden Age TV only has one, or they were expensive to hire.  The cue light worked ok, but can you spot the large, and very limiting,  technical problem?