[Tech1] Wills

Nick Rodger nickrodger at mac.com
Thu Mar 24 07:22:42 CDT 2022

I live in Cheshire/South Manchester, so costs are not quite as high as the South~East (I assume).

When I did my will last summer it cost me £350.00 (+VAT, but they don’t get that).

That has to pay for their staff, offices, etc.etc., and for all I know that was his only job that week.

As my estate is anything but straightforward our initial consultation with him lasted over two hours.

Included in that estate is a 50% interest in a house in SW London, so I’m in the lucky position of having an estate worth well over £1M.

As I imagine does nearly everyone on this forum, given todays property values.

The last time my Civil Partner and I went out for a “good” meal it cost us over £100.00.

I don’t think £350.00 is excessive to protect the interests and make life easier for those I leave behind.

Nick.

Nick Rodger
Cameraman (Retired)
07971 007578