[Tech1] Glastonbury

Alan Taylor alanaudio at me.com
Sun Jun 26 09:52:10 CDT 2022

When I used to work on two different iterations of LO21, doing remote cameras on racecourses was a regular fixture for the scanner and we had some riggers who were really into betting.

Many gamblers claim to have a system, or special insight, but for the most part it seems mythical.  However one rigger did have a system which seemed to make sense to me and was working in reality over the period of a few months.  His approach was to put a pound each way on every horse with odds of 25:1 or greater, so long as it was a National Hunt race with a field of no more than 12 horses.  His logic being that the jumps made the race a bit unpredictable. Favourite horses might fall and the occasional outsider could fluke it.  With those sort of odds, you don’t need to win too often to keep ahead of the game.

Alan