[Tech1] Blue Peter Book of Television

Chris Woolf chris at chriswoolf.co.uk
Mon Jun 20 05:25:45 CDT 2022

On 20/06/2022 09:56, Pat Heigham via Tech1 wrote:

> This talk of Noakes reminds me of a shoot, where JN was filmed surfing
> at Newquay.
>
> As radio mics were nowhere near waterproof, his piece to camera on
> arriving back at shore, was necessarily covered on my pole.

Well... JN did some stuff after Blue Peter, and one of those programmes
was to swim with a kid into a large cave off Penzance to find seals.
This was a wet-suit job, and although we were in a paddled rubber dinghy
to get pictures and pole for atmos, we needed close conversation. I just
used double sandwich bags, tied tight for the TXs, and condoms for Trams
- worked fine for the 30 minute swim, and no damage to the kit.

The seals were very curious, and we all swam around after filming. The
bull was quite big but not at all threatening - a great finish for the day.

Chris Woolf