[Tech1] Fwd: Re: Proms last night

Keith Wicks keithwicksuk at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 17:52:35 CDT 2021

Interesting to hear that at least one director cared about the readability
of captions and understood the problem. I've wondered why they don't
usually bother to get someone unfamiliar with the words to try reading the
captions. These days, some are shown so briefly that they appear as mere
flashes on the screen. When I find that a caption has disappeared before
I've had time to read it, I automatically try reading the following
captions at high speed — just in case. But that spoils my enjoyment of the
programme so much that I usually end up ignoring the captions, or even
switching off.

KW