[Tech1] Thanks for the TC1 and TVT information

David Taylor david at davidtaylorsound.co.uk
Sat May 15 14:57:41 CDT 2021

Hi all,
I was wrong with the numbers I see...but looks like they still grew rapidly
from 13 once more studios opened at TVC.

Can anyone tell me if the two Ella Fitzgerald shows 'Sings' (TX 8th May
1965 ) and 'Swings' were done in TC1...looks like it to me.
The shows were joined into one for a repeat on BBC2 after her death in
1996. The first 'Ella Fitzgerald Sings' was off 2" QUAD and the second from
16mm telerecording.
Luckily the sound on those 16mm telerecordings is surprising good quality,
must have been done on a Mag Track. Len Shorey would have be pleased with
his mixes of both Johnnie Spence's Orchestra (with Tubby Hayes soloing)
plus The Tommy Flanagan Trio on both.
YouTube has it:* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7XkpN29kNE
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7XkpN29kNE>*

*David T.*