[Tech1] for amusement

Chris Woolf chris at chriswoolf.co.uk
Thu Jun 24 08:54:22 CDT 2021

A couple of weeks ago I had the misfortune for a scaffold board to break
underneath me when I was working on the renovation of an ancient barn.
Being incompetent at flying I descended with the regulation acceleration
due to gravity upon my 80kg mass. The destination was a cobbled floor,
but I was saved from meeting that too quickly by a firmly fixed
horizontal scaffold pole that decided to join in the fun.

The net result was some broken ribs and knobbles off my spine, and what
is politely called blunt force trauma on some of the internal bits. Fear
not, I'm trotting around perfectly happily, but the news went round to
many friends, who all sent lovely cards.

The standard version was one wishing me something like "get well soon"
and a paragraph of kindly words, but the one I valued most was from a
retired physio-lady friend - a beautiful photo of an old, mossy branch,
with a broken end, and the hand-written wording inside - "Bet that
bloody hurt"!

Chris Woolf