[Tech1] The Repair Shop

Dave Plowman davesound at btinternet.com
Wed Jul 21 05:09:37 CDT 2021

In article <FDD287DB81CA432BBBC01D1ED9B07108 at DESKTOP6GGCRV1>,
   David Newbitt via Tech1 <tech1 at tech-ops.co.uk> wrote:
> I read Chris' info as indicating that they offered copper for UK
> vehicles but not for German/Continental. I don't think he was implying
> that Kunifer wasn't available for UK cars.

 Yes - that is one way of reading it. But it also suggests only the UK
allows copper, which I'd be very surprised if it were true. I dunno if
Automec even exports anyway.

Think is that copper was used for many a year on cars, before the much
cheaper steel. So just what a problem work hardening is in practice, I'm
not sure. But am sure many just love scare stories.

Perhaps I should set up a test rig to vibrate copper, kunifer and steel
pipe, And see just how long they all take to fracture.

--
    Dave Plowman     dave at davesound.co.uk     London SW 12