[Tech1] (no subject) planned obsolescence

David Newbitt dnewbitt at fireflyuk.net
Wed Jan 20 06:07:10 CST 2021

Now that’s a cottage that looks comfortably settled in its environment – the informal ‘happy anywhere’ valerian and the fledgling ‘green roof’ contributing nicely. Good that you’re on top of the squirrel issue. I recall the 1950’s when they were already seen as sufficient nuisance for countrymen to be paid 1/- per tail in an attempt to reduce the population, presumably the Min of Ag being the agency stumping up.

This was our cottage in the hills towards the end of our time there plus an old B & W shot of what we actually bought. The locals thought at the time we were mad!

You can imagine the amount of graft involved!

Dave Newbitt.