[Tech1] Ventriloquists or 'A Gottle of Geer'

ROGER BUNCE rogerbunce at btinternet.com
Sat Feb 13 07:26:21 CST 2021

One of the pleasures of being an Inlay Operator was, having a certain
amount of free time, the opportunity to entertain cast and production
team during rehearsals.

Rather like your "Bee", I once invented a "Vampire Bat" Wipe. - Fold a
piece of paper in half; cut half-a-bat shape into the fold, such that a
whole bat-shaped hole appears in the centre of the paper when it is
straightened; place bat-shaped hole on light box, and inlay black into
the white bit. No joy stick in those days, but you could fly your bat
around the screen simply by sliding it around the light box, flexing the
folded paper to flap its wings. Lots of fun chasing overacting cast
around the set on various programs.

luv, Rog.