[Tech1] Aviation enthusiast

David Taylor david at davidtaylorsound.co.uk
Tue Feb 9 06:52:34 CST 2021

I was idling letting ADS-B Exchange run and had spotted a C-130J call sign
RRR111 (serial XH866) out of Brize Norton doing the 'low level route' over
Cornwall, so felt sure he'd come [past my house....which he did at 12.24. I
have watched him return low level to Brize. And then I just noticed that
nearby Brize Nortno, the the approach into at Fairford is a U-2 serial
(80-1080) , the famous spy-plane, that the US Air Force still use.
With ADB-S you can switch to see only the military aircraft ( menu 'U') and
see a plot of their route with timings and altitude displayed (menu 'K').
This U-2 only seems to show a display back to Abbeville , that's Normandy
isn't it?
In fact the same C-130J RRR111 is now buzzing Fairford as well. Perhaps he
want's to 'log' a U-2!

Ah the misspent years of my youth that I wasted watching, and photographing
planes!

Dave T
www.davidtaylorimages.co.uk