[Tech1] Single-plate ¼" tapes

Alan Taylor alanaudio at me.com
Tue Dec 28 12:41:24 CST 2021

When Seaside Special started doing shows from continental Europe the ¼” backing tapes for artists occasionally arrived  on just a pressed steel spool with no flanges at all. The tape seemed to stay on the spool by a combination of friction and being tightly wound.

Needless to say, the tape was wound onto a proper reel at the earliest opportunity.

Alan Taylor