[Tech1] [Discuss] Good evening

geoff.hawkes134 at gmail.com geoff.hawkes134 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 15:39:16 CST 2021

In my recollection, though I didn’t spend a great deal of time in the tea bars and less and less as tea breaks largely tended to be phased out during the rehearse/record era, by tacit agreement Religion and Politics were subjects that seldom entered the discussion, other than in passing and that for good reason. The last thing we wanted was to get into an argument with our colleagues that might lead to ill feeling as it could easily affect how we worked together if we were feeling sore, or if preoccupied with it, it could spoil our concentration on the work in hand. I was never a fan of the expression, “If you don’t like the heat, get out of the kitchen”, rather that we should help each other keep cool despite the heat, when we all feel the heat in different ways and need each other. For a sentimentalist like me, the song, “Lean on Me” says it all, and I like the beautifully sung, Glee Cast version that you can find on YouTube.

For my part, as one with life-long religious (Christian) convictions that help me through the joys and sorrows of life and I read the Bible and I count it a privilege to be able to pray daily for family and friends in my own quiet space, although I would love others to know the same benefits that derive from it, it is for me a private matter and I won’t be asking to join the new forum.

May those who do, enjoy it,

Geoff