[Tech1] Car restored

John Nottage jnottage.jn at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 5 02:47:20 CDT 2021

Ah Tony! I too began with an A30, then moved to a rusty Triumph Herald
12/50. My A30 took me to & from Evesham. Flat out I think it got to
about 65mph: the speedo needle used to flap about so much at that end of
the scale, it was difficult to be sure. Dave Plowman should recognise
it: he rebuilt the engine for me in 1967. As you can see from the photo,
the semaphore indicators were still in place: I think I replaced them
with the flashers quite early on. The worst aspect was the brakes -
cable operated & nearly useless - no hydraulics. The clutch was rod
operated. It broke once & I had to drive home in 1st gear. The Herald
was better. Great turning circle, but it rusted away. The Triumph
Vitesse 6 Convertable that followed it was most fun, but rusted even
quicker.

John Nottage