[Tech1] Windsor Castle

Mike Giles mibridge at mac.com
Sat Apr 17 17:11:50 CDT 2021

There were no individual closing credits - just BBC Studios.

And where oh where is someone with the gravitas of a Dimbleby? I gather he’s a very nice chap, but Mr Edwards often makes my blood boil and for the rest of the time he just annoys me! He gives the impression that he sees himself as the most important commentator of our time, even when he’s reading out the day’s COVID-19 statistics.

I agree with other observations on shots, and I could not fathom why the wide camera in the studio was constantly moving sideways - I presume it was on an arm rather than crabbing, but there seemed to be no justification.

I also presumed that the piper going off mic when he went through the doorway was meant to be symbolic of the soul departing from we earthly lot - but he went through too soon for my money.

But a momentous occasion, for all that.

Mike G