[Tech1] Microphone, was Some details of the Pye desk

patheigham pat.heigham at amps.net
Sat Apr 10 09:06:31 CDT 2021

There was a comment that early mics did not have what we now know as ‘standard’ connectors, indeed some mics just had bare wire connections.
As the retiring membership secretary of AMPS (Association of Motion Picture Sound) I was presented with a perfect ceramic replica of an AXBT mic, including the terminals on the back for loose wire connection.
Pity it was not a real functioning example, that would have been good for a Zoom link!
Best
Pat

Sent from Mail for Windows 10