[Tech1] .mp4 players

David Newbitt dnewbitt at fireflyuk.net
Sun Oct 4 17:48:44 CDT 2020

Does this throw any light?
https://windowsreport.com/windows-10-cant-play-mp4/

Dave Newbitt.

-----Original Message-----
From: dave.mdv via Tech1
Sent: Sunday, October 4, 2020 9:57 PM
To: tech1 at tech-ops.co.uk
Subject: [Tech1] .mp4 players

I have complained to vlc many times about it's inability to play .mp4
videos. I have tried many different versions and couldn't find a good
one. I looked up a video player comparison website, as you do, and they
said PotPlayer was not only free but also very competent . A month ago I
downloaded some .mp4-4K videos (which took 22 hours each!) and vlc
wouldn't even show a stable picture, PotPlayer played them without a
glitch and the quality was superb! Nuff said! Cheers, Dave