[Tech1] Supermarket milk

patheigham pat.heigham at amps.net
Thu Nov 12 06:20:26 CST 2020

I’ve not come across Cravendale, but used Waitrose to deliver some other liquid! Recent offers of 25% off wine, necessitated an order of 24 bottles of Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc, normally around £9.69 or so, but discounted to £7.27.
So that should suffice for a month during lockdown!
Speaking of prices – some years ago I had the opportunity to visit Le Touquet, nearing Christmas, so went armed with plenty of francs (in those days) to get some Veuve Clicquot fizz.
The proprietor of the cave had a high price, roughly £2 a bottle more than Majestic – so I tackled him on the price. Gallic shrug. You want Veuve, you pay, no room for negotiation at all etc. So francs intact, Majestic got the business.
Best
Pat

Sent from Mail for Windows 10