[Tech1] Luck!

dave.mdv dave.mdv at btinternet.com
Sat Nov 7 15:00:21 CST 2020

Pat, it just shocks me that with so many people starving in the world
that you could even accept this largesse! You should have gone stowage
and donated your meals to the nearest food bank, just like we all would
have done! Flying out to Korea for the 1988 Olympics, from Gatwick on
Cathay Pacific, we were delayed for 4 hours due to the catering truck
making a hole in the side of the 747 and it having to be repaired and
then re-certificated as safe to fly! 4 hours with Chris Lewis with
nothing to do would test most of your livers! Anyway, we arrived in HK
having missed the connecting flight to Seoul, as you would, we were
bumped onto the next available Thai Air flight. Although we had been in
Business Class from Gatwick the Thai plane hadn't got enough spare seats
there so some of us were lucky and some weren't! 'My' cameraman never
stopped complaining about having to travel tourist whereas I had the
real china plates, all the freebies and those lovely slit skirts! Some
you win, some you don't! The previous day the ITV crew were diverted to
Taiwan and sat for several hours in the plane on the runway as a China
Air plane had run off the runway in HK! Lucky us! Cheers, Dave