[Tech1] Len Davis - Glensound

Chris Woolf chris at chriswoolf.co.uk
Sat Nov 7 10:31:13 CST 2020

On 07/11/2020 15:58, Mike Jordan via Tech1 wrote:
> On landing, I asked him if something had gone wrong requiring the
> sharp turn
> Got reply that “Yes wasn’t that fun? We only get an occasional chance
> to try that out with an empty plane”

A while back I did a flight in an empty Brymon Dash 7 doing a cross-over
flight with Concorde in front of Plymouth Hoe. The chief test pilot then
decided we could show off a bit over the water - gear down, landing
lights on etc. Shipping had been cleared, which was good because I can
remember looking ~up~ at Smeaton's Tower (100ft) as we did  pirouettes
between Mountbatten and Drake's Island. Not sure how close the wing tip
was to the water because I was trying not to look.

I had no idea civil aircraft could do manoeuvres like that, and was just
grateful I hadn't had time to have any lunch beforehand. Like your guy,
the pilot admitted that they rarely had the chance to have so much fun.

Chris Woolf