[Tech1] Crowds in shot

Nick Ware waresound at msn.com
Mon Nov 2 07:52:42 CST 2020

If Pat’s sun-roof story seems coincidentally similar, bear in mind it was probably the same sun-roof, and quite possibly the same cameraman!!
Nick.
Nick Ware - Sent from my iPad mini 5

On 2 Nov 2020, at 13:44, Nick Ware <Waresound at msn.com> wrote:

 ‘We’ regularly used to do vox pops with Danny Baker for the LWT “Six O’clock Show”, and where better nearby to find loads of people willing to talk than Waterloo Station? I totally lost count of the number of times the station security jobsworth came and threw us out, often quite agressively. It got to the point where he knew us all by name, and he even used to say “Look I know it’s daft, but you’re not allowed to do it in here”.
My favourite Waterloo moment was the day I decided to go home by train. So there I was, bedecked with sound kit, pole and Rycote etc., strolling along the concourse. I can still see the look of glee on his face when jobsworth spotted me and came striding over, expecting to grab me by the collar and throw me out. I showed him my train ticket.
“I’m a Customer now!” I said, and off he slunk.

We were in the wrong, of course, but try telling that to Danny! We once (I don’t think Danny was with us this time) got arrested for shooting GV’s in Leicester Square and Piccadilly, etc., driving around, the cameraman kneeling on the front seat with the camera through the sun-roof on his shoulder. Me driving, so I was ultimately responsible in the eyes of the Law. Not sure how we managed to blag our way out of that, but we did.
Cheers,