[Tech1] Farrow & Ball Paint

Mike Giles mibridge at mac.com
Fri May 22 02:58:36 CDT 2020

I quite like Sadolin which is available in a range of colours and needs no primer or undercoat. It gives a reasonable gloss finish on planed timber, but I’ve used it quite effectively on rougher wood like gravel board.

I absolutely agree about the water based rubbish which came with our shed and new fencing a year or three ago. It creates a real problem when it wears unevenly as the creocote type of treatment won’t soak in where the water based paint remains reasonably sound and the prospect of cleaning it off thoroughly from a shed and fifty or sixty feet of fencing is quite unappealing, if not impossible!

Mike G