[Tech1] OFFCOMM

Chris Woolf chris at chriswoolf.co.uk
Mon May 4 12:22:09 CDT 2020

To be honest it is all a bit of a nonsense.

For some years I used to help out a small facilities company based in
Plymouth. Since most productions looked for London based crew at the
time, irrespective of where the job was, the company merely ran a London
phone number.

Nobody ever queried where they worked out of, and since the company
wasn't interested in London day-jobs, it really made no difference that
they travelled for a 3-day shoot in Manchester or wherever, from
Plymouth rather than Marble Arch.

If regionalitis rears its head in a serious fashion we'll just see lots
of accommodation addresses attached to mobile phone numbers. Your
lighting director will exist magically in Manchester, Bristol and
Glasgow at the same time, and probably under a slightly different
company name in London too.

Talent gets used because it is good, not where it lives.

Chris Woolf