[Tech1] Grammar

Barry Bonner barrybonner119 at btinternet.com
Sat Mar 14 11:56:30 CDT 2020

When I was in Atlanta doing the Olympics on my way to the IBC a soldier asked me, not that politely, to walk on the “pavement" which I thought I was doing, so told him so!

He repeated this a couple of times before I discovered that “pavement” in America was the road and "sidewalk” was the pavement! Strange people.

One for the train buffs; why can I say Victoria Coach Station but not allowed to say Victoria Train Station?
Barry.