[Tech1] Fwd: Re: Your History of Television Studios website

vernon.dyer vernon.dyer at btinternet.com
Tue Jun 23 09:56:39 CDT 2020

Thanks Nick, I didn't know that, although in any case my Sky box is getting a bit long in the tooth, so I will probably change it anyway. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.-------- Original message --------From: Nick Rodger <nickrodger at mac.com> Date: 23/06/2020  15:30  (GMT+00:00) To: "vernon.dyer" <vernon.dyer at btinternet.com> Cc: Tech1 at tech-ops.co.uk Subject: Re: [Tech1] Fwd: Re: Your History of Television Studios website It used to be possible to purchase, for a one~time payment, a card that enables you to use a Sky box as a FreeSat box. It used to be about £25.00. Nick Rodger Cameraman 07971 007578 nickrodger at mac.com  On 23 Jun 2020, at 14:02, vernon.dyer via Tech1 <tech1 at tech-ops.co.uk> wrote:Here in Cornwall  (just), we haven't had BBC4 or News in HD for quite some time  (Caradon Hill transmitter. HD quality seems better via satellite anyway, I think, so use that for preference. If I ditch Sky subscription, which to be honest I rarely use these days, i'll be in the market for a Freesat receiver/recorder. Any advice, anyone?