[Tech1] Fwd: Re: Memories of Dame Vera Lynn

David Newbitt dnewbitt at fireflyuk.net
Thu Jun 18 09:19:43 CDT 2020

Thoroughly endorse the sentiments expressed here. I too worked on the 1971 series, usually as the boom op. My notes show dates at fortnightly intervals on a Sunday/Monday schedule beginning mid February. Hugh Barker sound mixed – what a really nice bunch of people. I have some NAB spools with bits and pieces somewhere. My father was in the RAF in the war and was billeted for a time at Ditchling before heading off to North Africa. I took him back there for a nostalgia visit sometime in the 1970’s but didn’t know at the time that Vera lived there. Mum and Dad worshipped her and would have been tickled pink.

Dave Newbitt.