[Tech1] Why "Ditty-Box"?

Brian Curtis brian.curtis.bluesky at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 03:09:33 CDT 2020

Morning All

Whilst we are on the subject of Television (and Film too) terms how did a
"camera crane" or as Wikipedia puts it "wheeled cart" become known as a
"dolly". I know this is maybe more common in the film industry and possibly
in America too but seems to me we use the term "track in" and "dolly in"
interchangeably?

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Brian