[Tech1] Was this the first director's viewfinder?

Nick Ware waresound at msn.com
Mon Jul 27 05:28:18 CDT 2020

I remember quite commonly seeing 35mm Mitchell camera viewfinders being used by directors on commercials, long after the demise of the Mitchell itself. I’ve no idea what vintage they were, but they did look rather crude and somewhat unnecessary. On the side of a non-reflex camera, yes, but handheld by the director? As a horribly arrogant youth and keen photographer, I had been taught to look with my eyes and visualise with my imagination!
[cid:1DEA39DA-1C25-48DA-ACC1-955E3DB70B85]
Cheers,
Nick.

Nick Ware - Sent from my iPad mini 5