[Tech1] Ron Peverall

Robin Sutherland robin.sutherland at ukgateway.net
Wed Jul 8 14:05:09 CDT 2020

Hi Bill

I would also be grateful if you could pass on my very best wishes to Ron on his 90th birthday. He was my very first senior cameraman at TC when I arrived in August 1966 fresh from Evesham. I joined Crew 3 as a trainee and still have many great memories of my earliest days doing TOTP in G, B&W Minstrels etc.

Vernon Dyer was on it then, DO1 Vern?

I remember thinking at the time that he was rather hard on me, but looking back he was spot on, and I benefited greatly from his constructive comments!

There is still a great Crew 3 photo on the Tech Ops website, taken after one TOTP by Harry Goodwin.

Ron came out on several attachments to OBs, and I last saw him when we were doing the bike coverage of The Milk Race in 1990. It started in Penzance and Chris Wickham, Nick Jordan and I [who had all been on his crew at various times] rang him and we spent a very jolly evening at his house.

Happy Birthday Ron!

Cheers

Robin Sutherland