[Tech1] iMac memory

Bernard Newnham bernie833 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 05:19:52 CST 2020

On 29/01/2020 22:30, John Howell via Tech1 wrote:
> it looks like my meagre 8GBs is not even sufficient for the basic OS
> so I put in a shed load and now have 40Gbs,

That is a serious amount of memory!

It prompted me to try testing out my system a little (discovering in the
processor that I put in 16GB RAM, not 8).  I ran Performance Monitor and
rendered some opening titles, for this U3A piece -
http://www.tech-ops.co.uk/bern/U3A/mug_cake/complete_mug_cake.mp4
<http://www.tech-ops.co.uk/bern/U3A/mug_cake/complete_mug_cake.mp4>
It briefly maxed out my Core i5 9600K processor, but didn't use all the RAM.

Has anyone yet tried a super new wizzo NVMe M2 SSD  (like this -
https://bit.ly/2RC5a7s)?   My new Gigabyte motherboard has slots for two
of them, but I haven't got as far as trying them out yet.