[Tech1] iMac

Bernard Newnham bernie833 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 11:41:12 CST 2020

Motherboards only have USB ports these days, but serial to USB adaptors
are easily available. This man explains -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzCNfBux1h0

https://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-com-USB-Serial-Adapter-Powered/dp/B004ZMYTYC?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_4

Don't forget that motherboards will accept a range of processors and
memory, but generally only fairly recent ones. Mine says -

/"Support for 9th and 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i9 processors/Intel®
Core™ i7 processors/Intel® Core™ i5 processors/Intel® Core™ i3
processors/Intel® Pentium® processors/Intel® Celeron® processors in the
LGA1151 package"

/and

/"Š4 x DDR4 DIMM sockets supporting up to 64 GB of system memory//
//ŠŠDual channel memory architecture//
//ŠŠSupport for DDR4 2666/2400/2133 MHz memory modules//
//ŠŠSupport for ECC Un-buffered DIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8 memory"

/Modern motherboards only have PCIe slots, so your soundcard won't work,
but there'll be some USB3 connected equivalent.  My Behringer sound
mixer has USB in and out

B /
///