[Tech1] Sanitizing a mic.

Roger E Long relong at btinternet.com
Sat Dec 19 03:49:55 CST 2020

Im amazed you got away with this Pat
The MKH 125 was a full RF capacitor mic. The electronics were in a head amp separated from the  capsule with unbalanced cable
It was a version of the MKH 405 , a cardioid TPower boom mic of v  high quality.
Normally dynamic mics were put in a condom for underwater FX. (AKG D109, Sennhieser D211)
That a RF omni condenser survived is testament to its construction.
They were lovely mics , with a gentle rising presence, but expensive compared with dynamics and electrets.
I have 6 of them still.
Hydrophones are P48 powered, DPA do a cracker, but they are heavily shrouded and the cable armoured to withstand sea water and pressure.
Roger