[Tech1] Dr Who pilot.

Hugh Sheppard hughsheppard at btinternet.com
Thu Dec 3 02:19:21 CST 2020

Thanks to David's corroboration, at least I now know precisely where I
was on an August Saturday 57 years ago!

Here's the note again, mildly tweaked for the record:

    'Over the years, I've learned that what is remembered is what one
    last remembered, which may not always be quite the same as recalling
    the original event.

    But my own revisited memory is of being the cameraman for Norman
    Taylor on a 12 x 9 'Dr. Who' caption as he lit matches in front of
    it to provoke a howl round. Graphics designer Bernard Lodge was the
    third person present on the floor of an otherwise bare TC5. Someone
    else upstairs cued the recordings of several very similar sequences,
    possibly with audio content, but I'm less sure of that. I do recall
    Bernard and Norman being delighted, and that one such sequence found
    its way to the opening titles of the first episode of Dr. Who - and
    then many more.

    Who would now be able to corroborate that may be another matter!'

Hugh