[Tech1] Walk in grounds of The Vyne

Alec Bray alec.bray.2 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 07:04:09 CDT 2020

Hi all

Once again we "borrowed" Lucy's dog Chester to go for a walk.

Within about 5 to 10 minutes drive there are Morgaston Woods, These are
part of "The Vyne", a National Trust property. The Vyne was originally
built for Lord Sandys, Henry VIII's Lord Chamberlain. It has been
extended and reduced over the years.

A bit of Trivia: The Vyne holds an inscribed Roman ring as well as a
lead tablet that speaks of a curse on the one who stole it. J. R. R.
Tolkien was asked to comment on it as an expert on Anglo-Saxon history,
including its connection to a mine fabled to have been dug by dwarves,
and a few days after his visit he began writing "Lord of the Rings".

Although The Vyne itself is closed due to the pandemic, Morgaston Woods
are still open.

I tried to make a few "stereoscopic" pictures - not quite as successful
as my previous tree (what a fluke that was!) but both of these give a
better impression of the bluebells than the flat 2-D pictures.  No
science has been involved, just move the phone to the right and hope.  A
little bit trickier today, as Chester (on a lead - dogs on leads in
these woods) was very keep to explore and was pulling me along a lot of
the time.

Just made it home before it started to rain ...

I hope that these will work for you!

(I promise - no more strange pictures from me!)

--

Best Regards

  Alec

Alec Bray