[Tech1] 1961

Geoff Fletcher geoffletch at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 03:57:45 CDT 2019

Talking of aircraft and drama shoots, we used a lot of guest directors on
our Anglia dramas. One afternoon the great Herbie Wise was directing scenes
on a PD James detective serial when they were plagued with passing
aircraft. The UM did his best to ease the problem but there was a big NATO
air exercise going on. Herbie soldiered on until a particularly noisy
quartet of Luftwaffe F104s flew over at low level Everything came to a
halt.  He asked the UM what they were and upon being told they were from
the German Air Force he commented “Christ! They’re still after. me!”. We
all loved working with Herbie.
Geoff F