[Tech1] Bill

patheigham pat.heigham at amps.net
Tue Mar 19 13:51:46 CDT 2019

Oh, Mate! Yo’ sure pullin’ ma leg!
Being freelance offered a superb opportunity to work with some  splendid Directors in the film world – Guy Hamilton (007 Bond) Lewis Gilbert (007 Bond) Ridley Scott (commercials and Alien) Stanley Donen (The Little Prince) for example.
Don’t know whether to mention Winner – a lousy director, but I survived a picture with him, although he insisted on telling me how to boom operate! (I only took the job as I fancied visiting the Caribbean on someone else’s wallet).
Diversifying to documentary work led to some fascinating insights to industrial procedures – particularly Pilkington’s factory making plate glass windows for shop fronts.
I would never have experienced what I subsequently did, had I stayed with the Corp, but loved the time I was there. Many, many fond memories. All in all, a satisfying and most enjoyable career.
Best
Pat (now 76 – no white whiskers, but hairline receding a bit!)

Sent from Mail for Windows 10