[Tech1] Maybe First Cars?

dave.mdv dave.mdv at btinternet.com
Wed Jan 23 16:56:48 CST 2019

Our first car was also a Morris Minor, but the 2C version with split
windscreen and trafficators, bought from a 'bomb site' car sales place
in Birmingham for £345 (my wife's superannuation!). It did 1 pint of oil
per 1000 miles, so I had it re-bored etc. which improved it somewhat! We
moved from Moseley to Richmond, when I transferred to TV, using just the
MM twice a day whilst 'running it in' down the M45/M1! It was nearly
killed off when the main Morris dealer in Acton 'forgot' to put any oil
in the gearbox after a 'service'! Luckily, I had added Lubrisyl?
silicone additive to the gear box oil and that kept it going. The
company paid me 3/6d. for the oil charged for but not installed! I never
went there again and started doing my own servicing, as you do! We then
moved onto a Singer Gazelle 3c, but that's a whole new story! Cheers, Dave