[Tech1] Domestic query

terrymeadowcroft mail at terrymeadowcroft.co.uk
Sun Jan 13 18:49:51 CST 2019

Hi folks,

When I was a kiddy, only a few ;-) years ago, my Mam (Lancashire) used
dripping, which I guess was today's lard, and I remember after Bonfire night
we always had 'Bovril and Dripping' Sandwiches. They were very tasty.

This was in the days when nothing you enjoyed eating was a guaranteed step
closer to cancer.

I's still here, at 73. Mam died at 94 years old, Dad at 95. Guess we were
lucky and we had the right genes; cancer never did threaten - despite bacon,
eggs and sausage breakfast before being packed of to school, from the age of
5 to 18. Mam and Dad were not smothered by threats of being guilty of just
about everything that was wrong, as weren't we all....

I say, bring back Bovril and dripping sandwiches,...and chips, and, oh,
welly bobs and fishing in the beck for eels - using a fork with barbs on!!

Terry