[Tech1] Any Information on Vinten pedestals etc gratefully received!

John Howell j at howell61.f9.co.uk
Sat Aug 17 17:19:54 CDT 2019

     Here's a photo for those unfamiliar with the BTR2 taken at
Woodnorton in Spring 1963, apologies if you've seen it previously.

I heard that Percy Guy would test the abilities of trainee engineers by
swapping the top cap clips of the first two valves in the replay amp
converting the machine into a loud uncontrollable audio oscillator.

He would also stand in front of the monitor speaker and ask why the poor
lad's recording has suddenly become muffled!

John H.