[Tech1] Have I been had?

Dave Plowman dave at davesound.co.uk
Sat Apr 27 07:15:21 CDT 2019

When I got BT FTC some years ago on special offer which included BT TV
part of the deal was a Humax BT box at a very low price. It is needed for
BT TV, but also works as a PVR for FreeView.

A few months ago, it stopped connecting to my LAN. So no BT TV, which I
was still paying for, for the most basic version (no sport).

Phoned them up for a fix, (I'd Googled, and found it was a common fault)
and they sent me a new one FOC. And a bag to return the old one in, for
recycling. But I wanted to keep it, as it still had some stuff recorded
I'd not watched, so didn't send it back.

Since then I've had a couple of letters asking for the old one back. But
no contact details so I could discuss it with someone who knows the facts.
I'd happily pay them the scrap value. ;-)

In article
<CAA7MLyH9uLp9o6zbEv7__6kCvu+L0Dbg8BWJ=DAE+6L7JpCksw at mail.gmail.com>,

--
*All generalizations are false.