[Tech1] Eng Div Reprint: Rank Cintel Telecine

Chris Pocock chrisandmarg at metronet.co.uk
Mon Jul 30 15:54:46 CDT 2018

Hi All,
Maybe the last of Alec’s reprints but I have some more for anyone who is interested!
My Initial Course at Evesham started 27th May 1963 – I think Alec was on it. STO Course 24 from 23/09/67 to 22/12/67was followed by Sound Training Course 12.

I have all my notes and hand-outs from those courses (supposed to be getting rid of them sometime!)

They include;

Engineering Training Supplement No7
Basic Principals of television lighting  BBC (1952)

BBC Engineering Division Reprint Articles.

Video tape recorder design. Reprint Article No. A18

The Plumbicon - A camera tube with a photoconductive lead oxide layer. Reprint Article No.A71

Camera tubes for studio use- A semi-technical appraisal for educators Reprint Article No. A.49

Television Studio Lighting Equipment. Reprint Article No. A.27   I think you have this already.

The Use of Pulse Code Modulation for Point-to-Point Music Transmission. Reprint Article No. A85

Reprint from The Journal of The British Institution of Radio Engineers. (May 1960)
Some aspects of vidicon performance (Research Labs of EMI)

>From Sound Training Course

Technical Instruction - Microphone Data Sheets updated July 1970 BBC Eng. Div.

Instructions on use of Sound desks; Calrec, Neve, Pye, EMI

also Mellotron, Ambiophony

Last but not least Staff Instruction 304 29th June 1970 Conditions of Service: Monthly Staff in OP, AS, and SC Structures working in the UK.

Alas, I have not copied any yet but let me know if you are interested.

Chris Pocock